3 BBS-Friendly Instant Pot Recipes
The Instant Pot is one of the most popular kitchen appliances out there, and for good reason! Its versatility and efficiency makes healthy eating much easier. Today, we have three BBS-friendly Instant Pot recipes for you to enjoy!
Lemon and Garlic Salmon
- 1 ½ lbs. frozen salmon filets
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt or to taste
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1 lemon, sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp. avocado oil
- A few springs of fresh dill, basil, or parsley
- Pour water and lemon juice into your Instant Pot.
- Add fresh herbs to the water/lemon juice mixture and place steamer rack in Instant Pot.
- Drizzle salmon with oil and season with salt, pepper, and garlic. Place on the salmon in a single layer on the steamer rack.
- Layer lemon slices on top of the salmon.
- Lock lid in place on the Instant Pot and turn the valve to sealing.
- Use the Manual setting to cook on high pressure for 7 minutes.
- Once the time is up, switch the valve to venting to quick release the pressure.
Sausage and Sweet Potato Soup
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. ground turkey sausage
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large sweet potatoes, skinned and chopped
- 10 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. sea salt plus extra to taste
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- 3 cups roughly chopped kale
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped thyme for garnish
- Select the sauté function on your Instant Pot. Let it heat up for about two minutes. Add olive oil to coat the pot and put in ground sausage. Cook until almost cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add onion and garlic and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes, mushrooms, chicken broth, wine, vinegar, dried basil, salt, and pepper. Secure the lid.
- Select Manual and cook at high pressure for 8 minutes. Then select Cancel and use a quick release.
- Open lid and add kale. Let cook with lid open for another 3-4 minutes, or until kale is softened. Add additional salt if desired. Garnish with fresh thyme and serve.
Turkey Lentil Stew
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup dry green lentils
- 2 cups water
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chilies
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Plain Greek yogurt if desired
- Select the sauté function on your Instant Pot. Brown the ground turkey. Add in the diced onions, garlic, tomato paste and salt and cook until meat is browned and onions are soft and translucent.
- Add in the lentils, water, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, green chilies, chili powder, cumin, and pepper.
- Cover the Instant Pot and turn it to Manual. Select Manual and cook at high pressure for 13 minutes.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes and then slowly release the pressure by moving the valve to Venting.
- Remove the lid and ladle the chili into bowls. Top with plain Greek yogurt if desired.
For more ways to eat healthy and transform your life physically, subscribe to the blog and check out our Facebook page!