The holiday season is here, and while indulging in your favorite treats is part of the fun of the season, you can also enjoy many healthier options. Here are three of our favorite healthy holiday snacks!
YES Gingerbread Snacks
These treats are the perfect way to put Yoli into your holiday celebrations!
- 1 scoop YES Spiced Chai or YES Vanilla
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ¾ cup dry old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- 1¼ cups pitted dates, packed
- Place almond flour, oats, YES, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves in a food processor. Pulse until mixture is the consistency of flour.
- Add half of dates and pulse until well blended.
- Add remaining dates. Pulse until mixture forms a uniform dough.
- Shape dough into 12 walnut-sized balls and place in airtight container.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Frozen Yogurt Bark
This festive treat is so delicious, you’ll want to make it every year. Feel free to get creative with the toppings!
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. raisins, dried cranberries, or a mixture of both
- 5 fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1 tbsp. dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. shredded coconut
- Mix the yogurt and honey together until well combined. Add the cranberries and raisins and stir again.
- Line a baking tray with foil and pour the yogurt mixture on top. Spread it depending on how thick or thin you want your bark to be.
- Sprinkle the strawberries, chocolate chips, and coconut on top and place in the freezer for 2-4 hours or until it’s completely frozen.
- Remove from the freezer and use a sharp knife to break the bark into pieces. The bark can be stored in the freezer in food bags.
This delicious avocado hummus is sure to be a hit at any holiday party. If you’ve never made your own hummus, you’ll be surprised just how easy it is!
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 (15-ounce) can of garbanzo beans
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 2 tablespoon tahini
- 2 avocados
- Olive Oil
- Place garlic cloves, garbanzo beans, lemon zest and juice from the lemon and tahini in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Add two avocados and blend just until smooth. Salt to taste once more. Transfer to a bowl, pour a few tablespoons of olive oil on top, and sprinkle a few dashes of paprika. Serve with whole-grain pita chips or crackers.
We hope you’ll enjoy these healthy holiday snacks. For more ways to celebrate with Yoli, subscribe to the blog and check out our Facebook page!