An Intro to pH
Maintaining a healthy body pH is an important part of transforming your life. pH can be a little confusing if you’re learning about it for the first time, so today we have an intro to pH for you!
pH stands for power of hydrogen or potential of hydrogen, and it’s a way of measuring the hydrogen ion concentration of a solution. Essentially, pH measures how acidic or how alkaline something is using a scale from 0-14. On the pH scale, 7 is neutral. A pH above 7 is called alkaline or basic, and a pH below 7 is acidic.
It may seem obvious that extremely acidic compounds would be dangerous for human health, but extremely alkaline solutions are also harmful to humans. For example, battery acid is very acidic, and liquid drain cleaner is very alkaline. They’re on opposite ends of the scale, but both are dangerous for human health. The closer you get to the neutral pH of seven, the safer compounds are for you.
Your blood is naturally slightly alkaline, with a pH between 7.35 and 7.45. It’s critical that your blood stays within this range, so your body regulates it for you regardless of lifestyle choices that you make. Your body pH, on the other hand, is susceptible to fluctuations due to your lifestyle, whether it’s the food you eat, your stress levels, or the time you spend being physically active.
Things you Can do to maintain a healthy pH balance
Maintaining a healthy pH balance in the body can be achieved through a combination of dietary and lifestyle changes. Here are some tips to help balance your body’s pH:
- Eat a balanced diet: A diet rich in fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, lean protein, and healthy fats can help maintain a healthy pH balance.
- Avoid processed foods and sugar: Highly processed foods, sugary snacks and drinks can increase acidity in the body and disrupt pH balance.
- Drink plenty of water: Staying hydrated helps to flush toxins from the body and maintain a healthy pH balance.
- Reduce alcohol and caffeine consumption: Alcohol and caffeine can increase acidity in the body, so limiting or avoiding these substances can help maintain pH balance.
- Get regular exercise: Exercise helps to balance the body’s pH levels by promoting circulation and lymphatic drainage.
- Manage stress: Stress can increase acidity in the body, so managing stress through relaxation techniques like meditation or yoga can help maintain pH balance.
- Consider alkaline supplements: Your body functions at its best when you have a healthy body pH, but the typical western diet and lifestyle can make that a challenge. Fortunately, you can use Alkalete to promote a healthy body pH.
Alkalete contains mineral salts of calcium, potassium, and magnesium, which can help reduce excess dietary acidic load. These nutrients are gradually released through a patented time-release delivery system, which improves nutrient availability. It’s the perfect way to promote a healthy body pH so you can take your health to the next level!